Racing: Snow Ridge put down
Friday 10 September 2004
Snow Ridge, runner-up to Haafhd in this year's 2,000 Guineas, was put down yesterday after suffering from laminitis.
The Goldophin three-year-old's last appearence on a racecourse was in the Derby when he finished seventh having started as 7-2 joint favourite.
Snow Ridge was recruited by Godolphin at the end of last year after winning the Royal Lodge Stakes for Marcus Tregoning.
His trainer, Saeed Bin Suroor, said "It's really sad. Snow Ridge was a top-class horse who gave us much enjoyment. Everyone here will miss him greatly."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Katie Hopkins reported to the police for race hatred by Labour MP Simon Danczuk after tweet about Pakistani men
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Working closely with the market...
£20000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A reputable company, famed for ...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group has been engaged by a highly resp...