Betts ready to shock Saints
Saturday 14 April 2012
Widnes coach Denis Betts hopes the magic of the Challenge Cup can help transform his club's fortunes. The Vikings are bottom of Super League with just two wins from their first 11 games and, fresh from conceding 84 points in two games over Easter, their troubles took another turn for the worse with the axing of hooker Scott Moore.
But Betts' men can put their league struggles to one side today when they take on St Helens in a fourth-round Challenge Cup derby at home. "After such a tough Easter period, you've got some very tired bodies," Betts said. "Maybe you'd like a little bit more time and preparation to build up and get the focus right. But, if anything, the Challenge Cup gives you another focus so you can energise people with the change in focus."
Latest in Sport
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women