Bradford to pay salaries of players after delay
Wednesday 15 August 2012
The players at Bradford Bulls will receive their wages for this month in the next 24 hours, according to administrator Brendan Guilfoyle.
There had been fears that the cash-strapped Stobart Super League club would not be able to meet their financial commitments as they continue to look for a buyer.
But, while Guilfoyle does admit to a minor delay in the transferring of funds, he expects the players to be paid imminently.
He said: "We alerted the players to the fact that their wages might not be paid on time because our funding at the moment is coming from Super League (Europe). However, the players will be getting their wages today or tomorrow."
Meanwhile, Hull Kingston Rovers forward James Green and Castleford back Jamie Ellis will miss games with Wakefield and St Helens respectively this weekend after accepting one-match bans following incidents in the last round of fixtures.
Latest in Sport
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God