Brian Barwick goes from FA to RFL
Wednesday 30 January 2013
Former Football Association chief executive Brian Barwick has been appointed as the new non-executive chairman of the Rugby Football League.
Barwick takes over from former Manchester United director Maurice Watkins, who stood in as interim chairman following the departure to the All England Club of Richard Lewis last May.
Salford City Reds are poised to announce the completion of the club's takeover by racehorse owner Dr Marwan Koukash. The St Helens-based businessman has been locked in negotiations for a fortnight but will become the Super League club's new owner and chairman in time for Friday's opening game against Wigan.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage