Broncos ready to ride into Kent
Saturday 28 January 2012
Professional rugby league is to return to Kent for the first time since 1984 when the London Broncos stage a home Super League game at Gillingham's Priestfield Stadium.
The Broncos face Hull there on 20 May, two weeks after taking on Bradford Bulls at Leyton Orient's Matchroom Stadium.
The Broncos have been forced to abandon plans to sign Australian prop Jarrad Hickey because they cannot fit him into their import quota.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Latest in Sport
2014 World Cup draw: Roy Hodgson raises possibility of England switching base away from Rio de Janeiro
Liverpool 5 Norwich 1: Brendan Rodgers takes a swipe at Arsenal by claiming Luis Suarez is now worth '£40m and two pounds'
Transfer news: Manchester United's ambitious transfer plans at risk from possible failure to qualify for Champions League
Brazil World Cup 2014 draw: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Manchester City sign the 'new Lionel Messi' Brahim Abdelkader, and in doing so put one over Barcelona
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen