Car-chase duo gain second chances
Thursday 21 July 2011
The two players suspended by Hull KR after a car chase have been given a fresh start. Ben Cockayne, who was released earlier this month because of a series of disciplinary scrapes, has joined Featherstone Rovers for the rest of the season.
His departure from Craven Park came too late for him to find a new Super League club before the signing deadline, but he hopes that playing in the Championship will put him in the shop window.
Meanwhile, the other player implicated, Liam Watts, has had his suspension lifted and has returned to training with Rovers. His coach, Justin Morgan, warned it could take time for him to win his place back.
- 1 Windows 10: man updates PC, wakes up to find porn slideshow on repeat
- 2 The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
- 3 John Green schools morning show hosts after awkward interview with Cara Delevingne
- 4 Bulletproof armadillo puts Texas man in hospital after shot bounces off hard shell
- 5 Doctors declare war on Jeremy Hunt over weekend working 'myths' amid plan for seven day NHS
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Calais crisis: The seven claims made about the migrants - and the reality