Eastmond to miss Super League final
Tuesday 28 September 2010
Kyle Eastmond has been as good as ruled out of St Helens' team to play Wigan in the Super League Grand Final on Saturday.
The England half-back made his comeback from a hip injury in the semi-final against Huddersfield last weekend, but went off with a new injury to his ankle. "He's having a scan, but he's very doubtful," said Saints' coach, Mick Potter.
Any temptation to risk Eastmond is eased by the likelihood that Jonny Lomax will be fit. Keiron Cunningham also missed yesterday's preliminary visit to Old Trafford with a chest infection, but is expected to be fit for Saturday.
elephant appealPrince William signs up for our charity appeal
elephant appealSo says man jailed for cutting off dead elephant's tusks
booksWe examine the best titles for teens
scienceResearchers teach border collie to understand sentences using more than 1,000 words
booksA Christmas story in six parts
travelWill high-value tourism help the workshops of this Renaissance city?
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Latest in Sport
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'