Eastmond to miss Super League final
Tuesday 28 September 2010
Kyle Eastmond has been as good as ruled out of St Helens' team to play Wigan in the Super League Grand Final on Saturday.
The England half-back made his comeback from a hip injury in the semi-final against Huddersfield last weekend, but went off with a new injury to his ankle. "He's having a scan, but he's very doubtful," said Saints' coach, Mick Potter.
Any temptation to risk Eastmond is eased by the likelihood that Jonny Lomax will be fit. Keiron Cunningham also missed yesterday's preliminary visit to Old Trafford with a chest infection, but is expected to be fit for Saturday.
Latest in Sport
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: The biggest fight of all time, or maybe just the most lucrative?
Andy Murray tells how coach Amélie Mauresmo revealed her pregnancy
What time does Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao start?
Everton 3 Manchester United 0 player ratings: Who scored lower - Marouane Fellaini or Radamel Falcao?
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: What time does it start and where can I watch it?
- 1 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 2 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 3 UK weather: Britain braced for snow as arctic air mass moves in
- 4 Aaron and Melissa Klein: Oregon anti-gay bakers ordered to pay $135,000 after refusing to make cake for same-sex wedding
- 5 'Isis' schoolgirls: Missing British teenager tweets picture of her Syrian takeaway
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove