Eastmond to miss Super League final
Tuesday 28 September 2010
Kyle Eastmond has been as good as ruled out of St Helens' team to play Wigan in the Super League Grand Final on Saturday.
The England half-back made his comeback from a hip injury in the semi-final against Huddersfield last weekend, but went off with a new injury to his ankle. "He's having a scan, but he's very doubtful," said Saints' coach, Mick Potter.
Any temptation to risk Eastmond is eased by the likelihood that Jonny Lomax will be fit. Keiron Cunningham also missed yesterday's preliminary visit to Old Trafford with a chest infection, but is expected to be fit for Saturday.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Amazonian Indian tribe filmed making contact with Brazil village in rare video footage
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc