Kiwis bring back duo for Samoa
Thursday 14 October 2010
New Zealand have recalled two players from the international wilderness for Saturday's Test against Samoa, with a view to playing them in the Four Nations opener against England a week later.
Sydney Roosters centre Shaun Kenny-Dowell played his only Test in 2007 while St George loose forward Jeremy Smith's last cap was in the World Cup final win over Australia the year after.
Two British-based players will start against Samoa in Auckland – Wigan's Tommy Leuluai at scrum-half and Greg Eastwood, who has just left Leeds, at prop.
Latest in Sport
- 1 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 2 Watch: Man takes selfie every mile of 2,600 mile hike, creates amazing timelapse video
- 3 The day I starred in Only Fools and Horses
- 4 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Germanwings plane crash: Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz wanted to 'do something people would remember him for'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew