Leeds face McGuire ban
Tuesday 25 September 2012
Leeds face a major disciplinary worry ahead of Friday's Super League semi-final at Wigan after half-back Danny McGuire was charged with a reckless high tackle.
McGuire, who was put on report by referee Ben Thaler for the challenge on Catalan Dragons' forward Louis Anderson during Leeds' 27-20 play-off win in Perpignan last Friday, will appear before the Rugby Football League's disciplinary committee this evening.
He has been charged by the RFL's match-review panel with a grade offence, which carries a suspension of one or two matches.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Poppy Appeal 2014: This is why I won't be wearing a red poppy this year