Leigh deducted three points
Thursday 23 June 2011
The Championship leaders, Leigh, have been docked three points for breaching their salary cap last season. The club exceeded their spending limit because their income failed to meet predictions, the Rugby League said yesterday.
The deduction is the latest complication for Leigh, who have lost their chairman and their chief executive over the last few weeks.
Even with three points lost, they are a point clear of Batley at the top and are in next month's final of the Northern Rail Cup.
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Latest in Sport
Ian Herbert: Work still to do before this Liverpool can be compared to class of ’08
The worst owner in football? Vincent Tan faces fan backlash as Malky Mackay clings to Cardiff job
Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
Transfer news: Tottenham Hotspur - January transfer targets
Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker ends exit speculation by signing 'long-term' contract
- 1 Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police