New father Fielden joins up with squad
Wednesday 13 October 2010
Stuart Fielden is finally on his way to join the rest of England's squad for the Four Nations. The Wigan prop flew to New Zealand last night, four days after the rest of the party, having stayed behind for the overdue birth of his first child. He will arrive in Auckland in time to be considered for the warm-up match against the New Zealand Maori on Saturday.
New Zealand's second-rower, Simon Mannering, could miss the first-ever Test against Samoa that follows England's game at Mt Smart Stadium. Mannering has been quarantined from the rest of the team after going down with an unidentified illness.
Castleford have had something of a clear-out, with the reserve centre Matthew Harding joining Hunslet, while the full-back Sam Lynch has signed for York.
Latest in Sport
Chelsea vs West Brom: Jose Mourinho says Diego Costa is ready for ‘marathon’ Christmas
Arsenal vs Manchester United: Arsene Wenger insists clash at the Emirates Stadium remains battle of the giants
Cesc Fabregas, Jack Wilshere, Yaya Toure or Steven Gerrard? No, it's Mile Jedinak who is the best midfielder in the Premier League
WWE Survivor Series 2014: Start time and full match card
Manchester United transfer news: Robin van Persie could leave this summer with Edinson Cavani and Thomas Muller on United wish-list
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 3 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 4 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran
- 5 Largest ever study into the gay gene 'erodes the notion that sexual orientation is a choice'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
'Muslims pre-date Columbus in discovering America,' says Turkish president Erdogan
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Former Tory PM Sir John Major says 'we would not have an NHS without migrants'