Not bad for starters as Salford try magic
Wednesday 24 December 2008
Super League newcomers Salford will have the distinction of launching the 'Magic Weekend' in Edinburgh in May.
The City Reds' fixture against Harlequins will be the first of three at Murrayfield on Saturday 2 May, followed by Bradford versus Wakefield and the derby between Wigan and St Helens.
The expansion of Super League to 14 clubs means a marathon of four games on the Sunday, starting with the other new boys, the Celtic Crusaders, against Huddersfield. That will be followed by Hull versus Castleford and Leeds v the Catalans, before Warrington and Hull KR wrap up the weekend.
The extra round of matches is being played in Edinburgh for the first time after two years in Cardiff.
Geoffrey Macnab reviews American Hustle, also starring Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper
newsFormer soldier taped 33 of the animals to the floor and then stamped on them one by one
Michelle Nijhuis' daughter insists (s)he is, and she learnt a valuable lesson on gender in books
news Opponents claim it would stop performers such as Beyonce and Madonna appearing on TV
It takes a platoon of chefs, litres of brandy and rum, and almost 100kg of dried fruit
food + drink
Latest in Sport
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile