Wakefield drop Moore and Parker
Wakefield have lost two players from their projected squad for the next Super League season. The Wildcats have released the 29-year-old prop Richard Moore who is now expected to sign for Crusaders, and have cancelled the contract of the Papua New Guinea centre Jessie Joe Parker.
Parker, who did well for neighbouring Featherstone last season, had agreed a two-year deal. But he has been unable to re-enter the country since going home to be with his son, who is suffering from malaria.
Wakefield have decided they can wait no longer and will use the money they are saving on their salary cap for Moore and Parker to recruit elsewhere.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain