Witt forgoes All Black dream and signs for Crusaders
Thursday 10 December 2009
Otago have announced that Michael Witt is leaving them to join Crusaders in Super League after nine months in rugby union.
The former New Zealand Warriors half-back claimed to be trying for an All Blacks cap when he switched codes last year, but has started only one match.
Cooper Cronk is out of Melbourne's plans for the World Club Challenge against Leeds in February because he needs a groin operation.
The former Wigan coach Graham Lowe, who has just been appointed chief executive of Manly, has had tests in hospital after collapsing at an airport.
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Latest in Sport
Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
The worst owner in football? Vincent Tan faces fan backlash as Malky Mackay clings to Cardiff job
Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker ends exit speculation by signing 'long-term' contract
Transfer news: Tottenham Hotspur - January transfer targets
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'