Wolves choose to take on Giants in Super League play-off semi-finals
Monday 23 September 2013
Warrington have chosen to play Huddersfield in the Super League play-off semi-finals.The tie, which is a repeat of the 2009 Challenge Cup final won by the Wolves, will be played at the Halliwell Jones Stadium on Thursday.
The announcement, made by Warrington chairman Stephen Broomhead yesterday, means Wigan will meet Leeds in the second semi-final on Friday. Although Huddersfield finished top of the table – for the first time for 81 years – it was no surprise that they were chosen by the Wolves, who have already beaten them three times this year. That includes a 44-24 hammering by Tony Smith’s (left) side in the Challenge Cup quarter-finals in July.
Latest in Sport
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything