Light and tricky airs trip up Ainslie
Sunday 11 April 2010
Light and tricky airs tripped up Britain’s Ben Ainslie in the final of the opening grand prix of the world match racing tour in Marseille.
The triple gold and silver Olympic medallist went down 0-2 to France’s Mathieu Richard with his Team Origin crew of Iain Percy, Matt Cornwell and Christian Kamp.
Origin, Britain’s America’s Cup team, next takes to the water in Cascais, Portugal for the opening regatta of the Audi MedCup series in its brand new, Juan Kouyoumdjian-designed TP52 and then moves on to La Maddalena, Sardinia, for the Louis Vuitton Trophy.
Latest in Sport
- 1 If you weren't afraid of flying before last week... you probably are now
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 4 Lauren Goodger calls for tougher laws on revenge porn after sex tape leaks online
- 5 Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis takeover, says Bishop
Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia