Team Origin heads to Auckland
Thursday 18 February 2010
As Britain’s America’s Cup challenger, Team Origin led by Sir Keith Mills and skippered by Ben Ainslie, heads south to Auckland for the Louis Vuitton Trophy regatta, confirmation came today that they will also open their Audi MedCup campaign in Cascais, near Lisbon, in May.
A new TP52 designed by Juan Kouyoumdjian is being built in New Zealand and will be shipped up to Europe for commissioning in April ahead of the Cascais regatta in May. That will be followed by four more, in Barcelona, Marseille, Cartagena (Spain) and Cagliari, Sardinia.
Joining them will be the defending champions, America’s Cup rivals Team New Zealand and a new team from Italy wearing Prada colours.
Steve Hayles, navigator on Mascalzone Latino, talks to Stuart Alexander. Click the link below to listen:
Latest in Sport
Berbatov flees Bulgaria following kidnap threat
Phil Hughes injury: Cricket world reels as Australian opener 'fights for his life'
Arsenal vs Borussia Dortmund player ratings: Who was the star man at the Emirates? Alexis Sanchez? Santi Cazorla? Or Yaya Sanogo?
Phil Hughes: A swashbuckling, raw and talented batsman who had the world at his feet
Arsenal vs Borussia Dortmund match report: Yaya Sanogo and Alexis Sanchez are on target as Gunners secure impressive victory
- 1 'Kidnapped boy may have been abused and murdered by VIP paedophile ring,' say police
- 2 Ridley Scott on Exodus, Gods and Kings casting: 'I'm not going to get it financed if my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such'
- 3 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 4 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict