Video: Aftermath of tragic catamaran accident in which British Olympian Andrew Simpson died
Friday 10 May 2013
A double Olympic medallist has been killed during a training session in San Francisco Bay after he became trapped under a 72-foot catamaran.
Andrew 'Bart' Simpson was training with his team mates on the Swedish America's Cup challenger Artemis when the vessel overturned.
Simpson won Gold at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and Silver with Iain Percy in the Star keelboat at last year's Games in London.
For more on this story:
Latest in Sport
- 1 Top Gear team of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May officially heading to Amazon Prime for new car show
- 2 Stuart Baggs: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 3 How to cancel Amazon Prime: after Top Gear hiring, how to leave premium service
- 4 Tesco scraps 'unexpected item in the bagging area' as self-checkouts switch to less 'frustrating' audio
- 5 Living in Spain and commuting to London 'cheaper than actually working in London'
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
While we fixate on Calais, the Government is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Calais crisis: For desperate migrants it is 'England or death' as they brave dogs, riot police and speeding trains