Branden Grace's sights set on Rory McIlroy
Monday 08 October 2012
The South African Branden Grace completed a two-shot victory in the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship yesterday and immediately set his sights on topping the European money list.
It was the fourth win of the season for the 24-year-old European Tour rookie and lifted him into third place in this year's Race to Dubai.
He is now only €730,000 (£590,000) behind leader Rory McIlroy and, as he accepted his €617,000 winner's cheque, Grace said he was now focused on beating the world No 1 to the top honour in European golf.
"First place is definitely in my sights," Grace said.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 2 Greece debt crisis explained: A history of just how the country landed itself in such a mess
- 3 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 4 Greek debt crisis: Yanis Varoufakis's funniest (and most memorable) quotes
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts