Casey to press Ryder Cup case
Thursday 24 June 2010
Paul Casey and Sergio Garcia will take a break from competing in America to return to the European Tour tomorrow for the first round of the BMW International Open.
Their primary concern is to get their games in shape for the Open, which starts at St Andrews on 17 July. However, they both have a second agenda.
England's Casey and Spain's Garcia are currently not in the frame to play against the Americans during the Ryder Cup which is being held at Celtic Manor in Wales in October.
The captain Colin Montgomerie also returns to action two and a half weeks after qualifying for The Open.
"It gives you belief – of course it does," he said. "I'll be watching the scoreboards [to see how the Ryder Cup candidates are faring], but I am here to win."
Latest in Sport
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc