Chris Wood closes on elusive win
Friday 25 January 2013
Britain's Chris Wood will take a three-shot lead into the final round of the Qatar Masters hoping to end an elusive five-year search for his first win on the European Tour.
The 25-year-old Englishman was two shots off the lead at the start of the day but worked his way to the top of the leaderboard with five birdies in his first eight holes and an eagle at the par-five 10th in a round of 64.
For most of the third round yesterday his nearest challenger was Spain's Sergio Garcia but he dropped four shots back after finishing his 70 with a bogey. In a three-way tie for second place are New Zealander Michael Campbell, another Englishman, Simon Khan, and Sweden's Alexander Noren.
Latest in Sport
Phillip Hughes: #putoutyourbats tribute sees Twitter users pay their respects to Hughes including Graeme Swann and David Warner
Phil Hughes dead: List of players who have tragically died on the cricket pitch
Nani transfer: No future for winger at Sporting Lisbon as club cannot afford his wages when loan deal with Manchester United runs out
This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
Phillip Hughes death: UK company Masuri say Australian opener was wearing 'outdated helmet'
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
David Cameron sets out immigration reforms: We should distrust Ukip and their 'snake-oil of simple solutions'