Davies tops women's money list for record seventh time
Monday 30 October 2006
England's Laura Davies has finished the season on top of the women's European Tour money list for a record seventh time.
Davies topped the New Star order of merit with prize-money of £317,000. The highlight of the 43-year-old's season was victory - her first for over two years - in the SAS Masters in Norway. She finished runner-up at six tournaments.
"It's a lovely way to cap off the season," said Davies, who started the year missing seven out of eight cuts in America. "The first time I was No 1 was in my rookie year, back in 1985. I think I won £17,000 and felt like a millionaire.
"Winning in Norway was the main highlight and finishing second in the Evian Masters [the second richest tournament in women's golf] was also important."
Latest in Sport
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
Poppy Appeal 2014: This is why I won't be wearing a red poppy this year