Guan, 13, sets Tour record
Friday 20 April 2012
China's Guan Tian-lang made history when he teed off at the China Open yesterday morning, becoming the youngest ever player on the European Tour at the tender age of just 13 years and 173 days.
Guan, who beat the record that his compatriot Lo Shik-kai set at the 2003 Hong Kong Open, secured a place in the field after finishing fourth in a qualifying event. He struggled, however, shooting a five-over 77, 12 shots behind the first-round leader, the 26-year-old Englishman Matthew Baldwin.
Latest in Sport
Radamel Falcao exclusive: Forward says joining Manchester United is a 'dream come true'
Transfer deadline day: The best memes and tweets, featuring Radamel Falcao, Javier Hernandez and Bart Simpson
Arsenal transfer news: Ray Parlour urges Arsene Wenger to make late move for Edinson Cavani
WWE Raw preview: Will John Cena continue to defy the threat of Brock Lesnar?
Danny Welbeck to Arsenal: Arsene Wenger pictured in Rome as club close in on Manchester United striker for £17m
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Emma Watson on Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak: 'Even worse than seeing women's privacy violated is reading the comments'
- 3 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127