In pictures: How the Ryder Cup drama unfolded
Monday 04 October 2010
The Ryder Cup may have been delayed by a day for the first time in the tournament's history, but it was well worth the wait.
When play got underway in the mist this morning, it looked like a formality that Europe would regain the cup. With the sun blazing, Europe did it, but it came down to the last match at a tense Celtic Manor.
Here, we take a look at how the drama unfolded.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Latest in Sport
Manchester United let David Moyes down in the transfer market, claims Everton defender Phil Jagielka
Transfer news: Manchester United's ambitious transfer plans at risk from possible failure to qualify for Champions League
English clubs ditch Heineken Cup - confirming they will not take part in any ERC run competition in 2014-15
Brazil World Cup 2014 draw: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Manchester City sign the 'new Lionel Messi' Brahim Abdelkader, and in doing so put one over Barcelona
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen