Is Rory McIlroy fully focused on the Masters? World number two invites girlfriend Caroline Wozniacki to carry clubs at Augusta
Northern Ireland golfer lets tennis star hit tee shot during pre-tournament competition
Thursday 11 April 2013
Rory McIlroy, the world number two and one of the favourites to claim the Green Jacket at Augusta this week, employed a new caddie yesterday.
During the traditional par-three competition on the eve of the Masters, McIlroy's tennis star girlfriend Caroline Wozniacki carried his clubs around the course.
He even allowed Wozniacki, who is currently ranked 10th in the world, to hit his tee shot on the ninth hole.
"I really wanted her to come and see what it is all about," he said.
McIlroy was joined out on the course by fellow Northern Irishman Graeme McDowell whose caddie was fiance Kristin Stape.
All images Getty
Latest in Sport
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Poppy Appeal 2014: This is why I won't be wearing a red poppy this year