Lee Westwood to defend title in South Africa
Friday 19 October 2012
Lee Westwood will headline the 12-man invitational field for this year's Nedbank Golf Challenge in South Africa, aiming for a third successive victory at the event, which starts on 29 November.
The world No 4 Westwood, who won the event in 2010 by eight shots and in 2011 by two, will try to become the first man to win the tournament three years in a row.
Westwood has been joined in the field by six of his victorious European Ryder Cup team-mates –the British duo Paul Lawrie and Justin Rose, Belgium's Nicolas Colsaerts, Sweden's Peter Hanson, German Martin Kaymer and Italy's Francesco Molinari.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin