McDowell pulls out of event
Wednesday 02 May 2012
Graeme McDowell has pulled out of this week's PGA Tour Wells Fargo event at Quail Hollow. The 2010 US Open champion said he had felt "under the weather" at last week's Zurich Classic.
"Very much wanted to play but didn't want to go there undercooked. Practice and rest for me this week," McDowell said.
Rory McIlroy will be in action at the event where he claimed his first PGA Tour win in 2010. He defends his US Open title next month at the tough Olympic Club course in San Francisco.
Latest in Sport
How Atletico Madrid produced a miracle on a shoestring
Chelsea could face FA punishment after Jose Mourinho makes post-match dig at referee
Norwich 2 Liverpool 3 match report: Liverpool go five points clear of Chelsea at top of Premier League table on day Luis Suarez hits goal number 30
Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker shows both his sides after hitting 30 Premier League goals but play acting yet again
Liverpool: Three remaining fixtures - can they remain on top of the Premier League table?
- 1 Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Unbeliebable: The White House offer 'no comment' to anti-Justin Bieber petition
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 How We Met: Alison Moyet & Emma Kennedy: 'I knew we'd be friends because she was happy to make a prat of herself'
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave