McIlroy commits to the Irish Open
Thursday 01 December 2011
Rory McIlroy has confirmed he will play at next year's Irish Open. McIlroy's participation had been in doubt because of a clash of dates with the the AT&T National at Congressional, the scene of his US Open victory.
"I am happy to announce that I will definitely play the Irish Open next season," said McIlroy of the tournament that will be staged from 28 June to 1 July.
"For me, the Irish Open has always been, and will continue to be, one of the most important events on the global golf calendar. It's our national Open and it's obviously a title that I would love to win."
Geoffrey Macnab reviews American Hustle, also starring Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper
Dennis Rodman will coach the North Korea basketball team
Latest in Sport
Arsenal can surprise Bayern Munich in the Champions League, says former midfielder Gilberto Silva
Transfer news: Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Manchester United - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Chelsea - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Arsenal - Transfer targets for January
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile