Montgomerie and Warren fair way off the pace
Sunday 10 December 2006
Scotland's bid for a first World Cup title was in danger of fading away in the third round in Barbados yesterday. Three shots behind the overnight leaders, Argentina, going into the Saturday fourballs, Colin Montgomerie and Marc Warren could manage only two birdies in the first seven holes at Sandy Lane.
It took Montgomerie and Warren until the fifth hole to record their first birdie, but Montgomerie also birdied the seventh to lift his team to 10 under par. That was good enough for a share of third place, but left them five shots behind Argentina's Romero and Angel Cabrera.
Italy's Francesco Molinari and Emanuele Canonica had stormed into second place after racing to the turn in 30, a figure bettered by the American team of Stewart Cink and JJ Henry, with 29.
Pre-tournament favourites England lay seven shots off the pace at eight under par.
by Gareth Purnell
18 May 2013 02:01 AM
by Martin Ayres
16 May 2013 05:10 PM
by Matthew Riding
15 May 2013 02:37 PM
Tears and cheers as David Beckham ends glittering career after helping PSG to final win
Video: Emotional David Beckham leaves the pitch for 'the last time' with PSG
Malaga manager Manuel Pellegrini has pedigree to be success story at Manchester City
Tottenham face nail-biting finish as Arsenal look to secure Champions League place on final day of the Premier League season
Boxing: Carl Froch slams fellow Brits for sparring with Mikkel Kessler
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron at war with press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.