Olazabal in fight for place in The Open
Former major winners Jose Maria Olazabal and Michael Campbell will be among 288 players trying for just 12 places in The Open at the final qualifying competition next Tuesday.
Four courses close to Sandwich are being used for the 36-hole events - Littlestone, Royal Cinque Ports, Prince's and Rye.
Olazabal's competition at Littlestone includes his former Ryder Cup team-mates Peter Baker and Joakim Haeggman, while among Campbell's 71 rivals at Prince's is South African Hennie Otto, first round leader when The Open was last at Royal St George's in 2003.
Paul Broadhurst, whose 63 at St Andrews in 1990 equalled the major record, plays at Royal Cinque Ports, while another ex-Ryder Cup player Jarmo Sandelin is at Rye.
Most of the players taking part are those who came through regional qualifying this Monday.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Autistic adults could take pure MDMA to 'reduce social anxiety'
- 2 Before you complain about your GP, this is what you need to know about actually doing the job
- 3 Father of 12 accused of raping, beating, starving and abusing his own children in US 'cult'
- 4 Britain's Got Talent 2015: Jamie Raven divides Twitter as fans expose mind-boggling magic trick
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote