Olazabal in fight for place in The Open
Former major winners Jose Maria Olazabal and Michael Campbell will be among 288 players trying for just 12 places in The Open at the final qualifying competition next Tuesday.
Four courses close to Sandwich are being used for the 36-hole events - Littlestone, Royal Cinque Ports, Prince's and Rye.
Olazabal's competition at Littlestone includes his former Ryder Cup team-mates Peter Baker and Joakim Haeggman, while among Campbell's 71 rivals at Prince's is South African Hennie Otto, first round leader when The Open was last at Royal St George's in 2003.
Paul Broadhurst, whose 63 at St Andrews in 1990 equalled the major record, plays at Royal Cinque Ports, while another ex-Ryder Cup player Jarmo Sandelin is at Rye.
Most of the players taking part are those who came through regional qualifying this Monday.
Latest in Sport
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut