Olazabal records six birdies to close in on leader Perry
Jose Maria Olazabal fired a third-round 66 to rocket himself into a challenging position in the Memorial Tournament here on Saturday. The Spaniard holed birdies on the second, fifth and eighth before finishing with three more in four holes to move him to eight under in the tournament - within five shots of leader Kenny Perry, who shot a two-under-par 70 to stay ahead of Lee Janzen on 11 under.
South African Retief Goosen dropped back two shots - to eight under - after managing only a 74 while compatriot Ernie Els played the 18 holes in two under. However, a double-bogey on the par-four 14th spoiled his round as he moved to three under.
Tiger Woods had a day to forget as crowds saw the him record a treble-bogey seven at the par-four sixth and with five other dropped shots in a round of 76, only four birdies prevented a total disaster.
Two bogeys in his first five holes scuppered Padraig Harrington's chances of forcing himself up the leaderboard. A run of birdies from six to nine appeared to have redeemed him, but dropped shots on 14, 16 and 17 made it a disappointing day for the Irishman, with a birdie three at the last little consolation as he slipped back to two under.
Sweden's Jesper Parnevik also shot a one-over-par 73 to leave him at two under for the tournament, while Lee Westwood's 75 dropped him to one under.
Hemel Hempstead-born Luke Donald had a nightmare third round containing four double bogeys as he shot 80 to drop from five under to three over.
* In Aurora, Illinois, Annika Sorenstam birdied the last five holes to take a two-stroke lead into the final round of the Kellogg-Keebler Classic. She ended with a six-under 66, the second-best round of the day, giving her a two-day score of 16-under 128. Mhairi McKay hit nine birdies on her way to a 64 for 130.
Latest in Sport
Italy vs England player ratings: Did Andros Townsend's goal see him beat Harry Kane and Wayne Rooney to top marks?
WWE Raw results: Brock Lesnar suspended for post-Wrestlemania 31 rampage after losing title to Seth Rollins
Chelsea's best XI of the season so far: Petr Cech has been better than Thibaut Courtois
WrestleMania 31: The Undertaker begins a new streak after tombstoning Bray Wyatt
Louis van Gaal: Manchester United boss reveals that being a 'slow player' made him a better manager on warts and all documentary
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Trevor Noah: Jon Stewart's replacement faces online criticism over 'anti-Semitic' tweets
- 3 Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
- 4 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 5 Syrian child photographed 'surrendering to camera because she thought it was a gun'
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers