Quesne storms to first Tour title
Monday 19 March 2012
Julien Quesne claimed his maiden European Tour title yesterday when he matched the Aloha course record with an eight-under-par 64 to take the Andalucia Open near Marbella.
The French world No 322, who earned promotion from last season's Challenge Tour, stormed past the Spanish overnight leader, Eduardo de la Riva, to finish with a 17-under 271. "It's the best day of my life," he said.
Two strokes back in second after a 68 was Italian teenager Matteo Manassero, who had led by three shots after his opening record-equalling 64, while De La Riva carded a 70 to finish third.
Geoffrey Macnab reviews American Hustle, also starring Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper
Dennis Rodman will coach the North Korea basketball team
Latest in Sport
Arsenal can surprise Bayern Munich in the Champions League, says former midfielder Gilberto Silva
Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Manchester United - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Arsenal - Transfer targets for January
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile