Sergio Garcia chases home hat-trick
Wednesday 25 April 2012
Sergio Garcia, who has won the last two events he has played in Spain, will play in the Volvo World Match Play Championship in Marbella between 17 and 20 May.
The 31-year-old said: "It is tough to qualify for such an elite field, so I am delighted."
Other members of the 24-man field confirmed yesterday included the 2010 US Open champion, Graeme McDowell, and the 2011 Masters champion, Charl Schwartzel. The world's top two, Rory McIlroy and Luke Donald, will not play this year.
Latest in Sport
Wow - what a weekend for British Motorcycle racing!
by Luke Wilkins
22 May 2013 05:00 AM
The dust is barely settling on the Premier League season and the bookies are looking to persuade us ...
by Gareth Purnell
22 May 2013 02:01 AM
The guard has changed at Old Trafford for the first time in 26 years. Meanwhile, down the road, the ...
by The Sports Lawyer
21 May 2013 10:01 PM
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.