Seve Trophy: Peter Hanson pain is Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano’s gain
Monday 30 September 2013
Spain’s Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano has received a late call-up to Continental Europe’s team for this week’s Seve Trophy after Peter Hanson pulled out with a back injury.
The Swede has been troubled by the problem for most of this season and it forced him to withdraw from Jose-Maria Olazabal’s side for the biennial contest against Great Britain and Ireland at St-Nom-La Bretèche, near Paris.
“I am really disappointed not to be able to play,” Hanson said. “Everyone knows how much I love matchplay events. My back has been an issue for pretty much most of the year and it is still not 100 per cent, unfortunately.”
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Latest in Sport
David Moyes needs to bring in his own players says Phil Jagielka
Manchester United’s ambitious transfer plans at risk from top-four failure
English clubs ditch Heineken Cup - confirming they will not take part in any ERC run competition in 2014-15
Brazil World Cup 2014 draw: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Manchester City sign the 'new Lionel Messi' Brahim Abdelkader, and in doing so put one over Barcelona
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen