Tiger Woods only American among world's best in rankings
Monday 17 December 2012
Tiger Woods is the only American to make it into the world's top four in the end of year rankings.
He trails Rory McIlroy and Luke Donald and had Justin Rose closely behind him as 19 Europeans took their places among the leading 50 players and qualified for Augusta, the first major of 2013.
Spain's Sergio Garcia ended the year 16th after his weekend win in Malaysia, in which he shot a closing 61 to take the Johor Iskandar Open by three.
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Latest in Sport
Mesut Ozil reveals he really is the Superman at Arsenal, Jack Wilshere is Batman and don't make Lukas Podolski angry - it's the Arsenal Christmas Party
Transfer news: Liverpool - January transfer targets
The most underrated players in the Premier League
Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker ends exit speculation by signing 'long-term' contract
Transfer news: Chelsea - January transfer targets
- 1 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 2 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 3 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 4 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police