Woods pain-free and playing for fun
Tuesday 03 January 2012
Tiger Woods said yesterday he has fully recovered from the leg injuries that ruined much of last season for him, and that he hopes his recent win at the Chevron World Challenge will be "the start of another great run".
"I was playing with pain and that isn't fun," Woods said. "The last couple of months have been really fun and that is mostly because I am feeling healthy again and building week on week. I am looking to get off to a fast start in Abu Dhabi and keep building from there."
Woods ended 2011 with his first victory in two years at his own tournament, the World Challenge, in California and plays his first tournament of the new year in Abu Dhabi when the European Tour starts. The opening event will take place in the UAE capital from 26 to 29 January.
auctionThe first 23 lots have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
tvSpoiler alert: Find out the result of a heated final show
Beatles rush out 'bootleg' album to defy EU copyright law
Harvey Weinstein reveals his secret weapon on-set
Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba get nods for Best Actor, which no black Brit has ever won
Geoffrey Macnab reviews The Desolation of Smaug - the meat in Peter Jackson's Hobbit sandwich
peopleWhat advice would David Cameron give to his younger self?
Latest in Sport
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ sign language interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
- 3 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 4 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 5 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram