Woods pain-free and playing for fun
Tuesday 03 January 2012
Tiger Woods said yesterday he has fully recovered from the leg injuries that ruined much of last season for him, and that he hopes his recent win at the Chevron World Challenge will be "the start of another great run".
"I was playing with pain and that isn't fun," Woods said. "The last couple of months have been really fun and that is mostly because I am feeling healthy again and building week on week. I am looking to get off to a fast start in Abu Dhabi and keep building from there."
Woods ended 2011 with his first victory in two years at his own tournament, the World Challenge, in California and plays his first tournament of the new year in Abu Dhabi when the European Tour starts. The opening event will take place in the UAE capital from 26 to 29 January.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts