Woods pain-free and playing for fun
Tuesday 03 January 2012
Tiger Woods said yesterday he has fully recovered from the leg injuries that ruined much of last season for him, and that he hopes his recent win at the Chevron World Challenge will be "the start of another great run".
"I was playing with pain and that isn't fun," Woods said. "The last couple of months have been really fun and that is mostly because I am feeling healthy again and building week on week. I am looking to get off to a fast start in Abu Dhabi and keep building from there."
Woods ended 2011 with his first victory in two years at his own tournament, the World Challenge, in California and plays his first tournament of the new year in Abu Dhabi when the European Tour starts. The opening event will take place in the UAE capital from 26 to 29 January.
Latest in Sport
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East