Hendry named Player of the Year
Saturday 25 May 1996
Stephen Hendry, the world champion, was last night named the Player of the Year for the sixth time in seven years. The 27-year-old Scot received the award during the annual World Professional Billiards and Association dinner at the Dorchester Hotel in London. Hendry, who has dominated the professional game during the 1990s, said: "This is always a very special honour for me. It's recognition of another good season."
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Latest in Sport
David Moyes needs to bring in his own players says Phil Jagielka
Manchester United’s ambitious transfer plans at risk from top-four failure
English clubs ditch Heineken Cup - confirming they will not take part in any ERC run competition in 2014-15
Brazil World Cup 2014 draw: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Manchester City sign the 'new Lionel Messi' Brahim Abdelkader, and in doing so put one over Barcelona
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
£50000 - £60000 Per Annum experience dependent: The Green Recruitment Company:...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum dependent on experience: The Green Recruitment Compa...
£18000 - £20000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: IT Project Adminis...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...