Hockey: Maximum joy for Reading and Barford
Monday 14 October 1996
After a 2-0 win against Southgate on Saturday, Reading were again in impressive form yesterday, trouncing an indifferent Hounslow 5-0. The England Under-21 players, Mark Pearn and Manpreet Kochar, each scored twice with New Zealander Grant Edwards icing the cake.
Barford came from behind at Surbiton on Saturday with two late goals from Satpal Degun to win 2-1 and yesterday took the points by the same score against leaders Old Loughtonians.
Canterbury and Cannock shared eight goals with leading goalscorer Bobby Crutchley collecting a couple for the Midland club. Tom White claimed the day's only hat-trick, scoring three times in Stourport's 7-1 win against Crostyx in spite of having a penalty stroke saved.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Latest in Sport
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...
£23999 - £32001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: An independent ac...