Ahead of the final grand prix of the season, we explain the permutations as to how Lewis Hamilton or Nico Rosberg can win the title in Abu Dhabi on 23 November.
Hamilton currently has a 17-point lead over Mercedes team-mate Rosberg, but the matter is complicated by the fact double points are on offer to the top 10 following the introduction of the controversial ruling for this season.
Watch the video below to find out how
Mercedes will meet with Hamilton the day after Sunday’s championship-decider to finalise a new contract and keep his partnership with Rosberg in tact beyond next year.
And what about Nico Rosberg - what does he need to do to clinch the title from Hamilton?
Nico Rosberg can win the title if:
* he wins and Hamilton is no better than third
* is second and Hamilton is no better than sixth
* is third and Hamilton is no better than seventh
* is fourth and Hamilton is no better than ninth
* is fifth and Hamilton is no better than 10thReuse content