American F1 team to unveil Lopez as one of their drivers
Monday 25 January 2010
USF1, one of the four new Formula One teams, are expected to announce Jose Maria Lopez as one of their drivers at a press conference in his native Argentina today.
Lopez, 26, was once a test driver for Renault in the days when Flavio Briatore ran things, and also competed with the 2008 world champion Lewis Hamilton in the GP2 series.
Funding for his ride comes from a number of sponsors in Argentina, and the deal is believed to have been arranged by Argentina presidential contender Carlos Reutemann, the former grand prix driver who raced for Ferrari and Lotus and Williams. Reutemann has close links with the journalist Peter Windsor, one of the founders of USF1.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government