Buemi named as Red Bull reserve
Friday 06 January 2012
Red Bull have sprung a surprise by naming Sebastien Buemi, who was dropped from feeder team Toro Rosso, as the reserve driver for their senior team.
The Swiss will be back-up for Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber. Team principal Christian Horner said Buemi's Red Bull knowledge and Formula One experience made the move 'logical'. Buemi, 23, said: "I would prefer to be driving at races, but this is the next best thing."
newsFormer soldier taped 33 of the animals to the floor and then stamped on them one by one
Michelle Nijhuis' daughter insists (s)he is, and she learnt a valuable lesson on gender in books
Mesut Ozil reveals he really is the Superman at Arsenal, Jack Wilshere is Batman and don't make Lukas Podolski angry - it's the Arsenal Christmas Party
Transfer news: Liverpool - January transfer targets
Missing out on Tottenham job was a 'close shave', says Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers
The most underrated players in the Premier League
Transfer news: Chelsea - January transfer targets
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 North Koreans are gasping for the truth: Let's give it to them
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend