Double win for Reid
Monday 09 August 2004
Anthony Reid chalked up two wins as the British Touring Car Championship visited his home country of Scotland yesterday.
Reid's victories on this hilly circuit in Fife left him third in the overall standings, but he closed the gap on the leader Yvan Muller to 23 points. The other win yesterday went to Jason Plato.
Reid in the independent WSR MG led the first race from start to finish, as did Plato in the second leg. However, the final race in which Reid came from seventh on the grid to win proved more entertaining.
Dan Eaves in his independent Honda was another star of the weekend, picking up a second a third and a sixth place. However, an angry Muller came away from the meeting with just a one-point lead over his Vauxhall team-mate James Thompson as they were both forced to spend the day fighting for the minor places.
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut