Double win for Reid
Anthony Reid chalked up two wins as the British Touring Car Championship visited his home country of Scotland yesterday.
Reid's victories on this hilly circuit in Fife left him third in the overall standings, but he closed the gap on the leader Yvan Muller to 23 points. The other win yesterday went to Jason Plato.
Reid in the independent WSR MG led the first race from start to finish, as did Plato in the second leg. However, the final race in which Reid came from seventh on the grid to win proved more entertaining.
Dan Eaves in his independent Honda was another star of the weekend, picking up a second a third and a sixth place. However, an angry Muller came away from the meeting with just a one-point lead over his Vauxhall team-mate James Thompson as they were both forced to spend the day fighting for the minor places.
A tight game could be in prospect here. Northampton have been keeping things very tight of late and ...
by Gareth Purnell
18 May 2013 02:01 AM
I can’t ever watch games of football or rugby without wistfully wondering what it must be like to be...
by Martin Ayres
16 May 2013 05:10 PM
Since PSG’s exit to Barcelona in the Uefa Champions League quarter-final in April, PSG have been sur...
by Matthew Riding
15 May 2013 02:37 PM
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.