F1: Legendary commentator Murray Walker diagnosed with cancer
Tuesday 18 June 2013
The former Formula One commentator Murray Walker has been diagnosed with a form of lymphatic system cancer.
The 89-year-old told the BBC that the condition was treatable. "They've caught it incredibly early. It's treatable, the doctors say my condition is mild and I'm very hopeful," Walker said.
Walker, who was diagnosed last month, is to undergo chemotherapy over the next few months.
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc