Fernando Alonso and Sebastian Vettel could 'coexist' at Ferrari says Stefano Domenicali
Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali believes Fernando Alonso and Sebastian Vettel could "coexist" as teammates with the Italian Formula One outfit one day.
Vettel secured his second consecutive F1 title at Sunday's Japanese Grand Prix, and his contract with Red Bull expires in 2014.
Alonso, who won two F1 titles with Renault, has a contract with Ferrari through 2016.
Asked by the Gazzetta dello Sport whether Alonso would accept Vettel at Ferrari in 2014, Domenicali replied, "I think so, I think they could coexist. Fernando's strength is not being afraid of anyone."
Vettel has made no secret of his desire to race for Ferrari one day, saying after his Italian GP victory last month that the only thing that could have made it better "would be wearing a red suit."
A tight game could be in prospect here. Northampton have been keeping things very tight of late and ...
by Gareth Purnell
18 May 2013 02:01 AM
I can’t ever watch games of football or rugby without wistfully wondering what it must be like to be...
by Martin Ayres
16 May 2013 05:10 PM
Since PSG’s exit to Barcelona in the Uefa Champions League quarter-final in April, PSG have been sur...
by Matthew Riding
15 May 2013 02:37 PM
- 1 Stoke City investigate 'religious abuse' after 'pig's head is found in Kenwyne Jones' locker'
- 2 Gove’s lesson: spare the comma, spoil the child
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.