Formula One drivers' title is my priority, says Lewis Hamilton
Monday 17 September 2012
Lewis Hamilton insists he will not let the rumours about his contract negotiations distract him from the pursuit of a second Formula One drivers' title with McLaren.
Hamilton, whose deal runs out at the end of the season, has been linked with a move to replace Michael Schumacher at Mercedes. After winning the Italian Grand Prix, Hamilton heads to Singapore this weekend 37 points behind Fernando Alonso, the championship leader.
"My focus is on trying to win this world championship," Hamilton said on a promotional visit to Mumbai. "I do have to have those things sorted out but I do have people in the background working on those contract negotiations."
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin