Kobayashi to race again in Abu Dhabi
Kamui Kobayashi will again deputise for the injured Timo Glock in the final race of the Formula One season in Abu Dhabi on Sunday.
Glock remains unfit to drive for Toyota after cracking a vertebra and cutting his leg in an accident in qualifying for the Japanese Grand Prix nearly four weeks ago.
Kobayashi produced a fine debut performance in Brazil recently when he qualified 11th and finished ninth, impressing all within Toyota.
"We feel genuinely sorry for Timo that his season, which has included two impressive podium finishes, is ending in this way," said Toyota Motorsport president John Howett.
"Having discussed the medical advice with Timo and his management, the team has decided to take no risk and to put Kamui in the car.
"Kamui performed well in Brazil in difficult circumstances, so we are happy to ask him to again deputise."
If Kobayashi emulates his fighting performance in Brazil, the 23-year-old Japanese driver could earn himself a permanent race seat at Toyota for next season.
- 1 Ireland gay marriage vote: 'No' campaign appears to concede amid reports of 'yes' landslide victory
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland