Lewis Hamilton given backing by Mercedes team
The former world champion has been outpaced by his team-mate Nico Rosberg at times this season
Wednesday 12 June 2013
Mercedes have assured Lewis Hamilton they have every confidence in him despite his remarks to the contrary. Before last weekend's Canadian Grand Prix, in which he finished third after starting from second, he said he approached the race "massively determined to regain everyone's confidence in me".
Hamilton admitted to lacking certainty and comfort in his car and had been overshadowed by his team-mate Nico Rosberg's three successive pole positions.But Mercedes' director Toto Wolff said: "I don't have that feeling we lack confidence in him. I think we are going to see great races from Lewis. I've no doubt."
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians