Lewis Hamilton watches brother make racing debut
Monday 04 April 2011
Former Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton paid a visit to Brands Hatch over the weekend to watch his younger brother Nicolas make his racing debut.
The McLaren driver, accompanied by his father Anthony, saw Nicolas compete in his first races in the Clio Cup, a supporting series to the British Touring Car Championship, which kicked off the 2011 season yesterday. Nicolas made steady progress in the races, finishing 12th and then 15th.
In the BTCC, last year's champion Jason Plato started where he had finished the 2010 season by winning the first two races in his Chevrolet Cruze. After win number 61 in the first of yesterday's three races at Brands, Plato became the most successful driver in the championship's history overtaking the record of Andy Rouse.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Jagielka: Moyes needs to bring in his own players
United’s ambitious transfer plans at risk from top-four failure
English clubs ditch Heineken Cup - confirming they will not take part in any ERC run competition in 2014-15
Brazil World Cup 2014 draw: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Manchester City sign the 'new Lionel Messi' Brahim Abdelkader, and in doing so put one over Barcelona
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
- 5 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims