Malaysian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ignores Mercedes and makes a pit stop at McLaren's garage
For those of us who regularly get off at the wrong Tube station while forgetting you've moved house, we'll all feel Lewis Hamilton's pain as he accidentally pulled into the McLaren pitstop during the Malaysian Grand Prix.
Hamilton's error came as he pulled in for his first tyre change and immediately steered the car towards the McLaren garage.
The British racer left the McLaren team for Mercedes last summer and is doing better than expected with the German team.
Hamilton's former colleagues politely moved out of his way and gestured that the undoubtedly red-faced driver had made a mistake.
McLaren saw the funny side of the blunder, tweeting from their official Twitter account: "Smiles in the garage after a well-worked double pitstop with an unexpected twist.
"Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' any time, @Lewis Hamilton!"
Hamilton finished third in the Malaysian Grand Prix and, fortunately, is only estimated to have lost a few seconds.
- 1 Double chins could be 'cured' without surgery or dieting using new injection
- 2 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 3 Christian blogger says she will not wear leggings in public because they entice men and cause them to look at her 'lustfully'
- 4 Thank heavens for Louise Mensch and her foul-mouthed tweets to world leaders
- 5 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Louise Mensch says 'F**K YOU' in explosive tweets about David Cameron, Saudi Embassy and the Queen over King Abdullah tributes