Malaysian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ignores Mercedes and makes a pit stop at McLaren's garage
For those of us who regularly get off at the wrong Tube station while forgetting you've moved house, we'll all feel Lewis Hamilton's pain as he accidentally pulled into the McLaren pitstop during the Malaysian Grand Prix.
Hamilton's error came as he pulled in for his first tyre change and immediately steered the car towards the McLaren garage.
The British racer left the McLaren team for Mercedes last summer and is doing better than expected with the German team.
Hamilton's former colleagues politely moved out of his way and gestured that the undoubtedly red-faced driver had made a mistake.
McLaren saw the funny side of the blunder, tweeting from their official Twitter account: "Smiles in the garage after a well-worked double pitstop with an unexpected twist.
"Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' any time, @Lewis Hamilton!"
Hamilton finished third in the Malaysian Grand Prix and, fortunately, is only estimated to have lost a few seconds.
- 1 Are you turning into your dad? The top ten signs you've embraced dad-ism revealed as survey says 38 is age men turn into their father
- 2 Overheard in Waitrose: documenting the chatter in 'Britain's poshest supermarket'
- 3 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Grace Dent on TV: Game of Thrones has jumped the shark
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave